Thursday, August 21, 2014

Theo orals #1

I JUST FINISHED MY FIRST EVER THEO ORALS AND YES I MIGHT SEEM TO BE SHOUTING BUT JUST BECAUSE I AM SO GLAD IT WAS ALL OVER! :)))))))

I literally just got over my Th121 midterms and believe me, I am typing this as soon as I got my hands on the laptop with a working internet connection. Oh bear with me, dear Reader, might you be new to this blog since Blogger led you here or have been reading this already for some time now, redirected to my hugot and sawi late-night thoughts through my Facebook or Twitter feed.

But this isn't about getting those vibes again. This is about pure happiness on ticking one thing off that imaginary checklist (imaginary as I never got hold of the habit of writing it all down). Thank You, Lord, for waking me up just in time! You see, I basically pulled off another all-nighter to study for all those thesis statements. Believe me, I wasn't planning to but I fell asleep as soon as I got back from my last class the day before and woke up substantially 6 hours later. What choice do I have? I've managed from an overload of information (who wouldn't from cramming almost 8 weeks' worth of lecture?) but thank goodness I did remember some (and luckily, those were the important and relevant ones, too!) of the much needed information.

Donning a dress (yes, I might as well present myself nicely if I was going to fail) and clutching my laptop, I arrived at the department 30 minutes of my scheduled slot. Nevertheless, I knew I needed that time to compose myself. Still, who was I kidding? I was still jittery once I entered my professor's office. She asked me to pick a number and believe me, I was that near to shouting for joy when I thought I got statement #9. Wrong. It was a six and boy, those were ones I didn't really manage to internalize more. 

I buckled. I prattled. I had my own set of long, awkward pauses. Nevertheless, I think I explained what was needed. :)

"Well, Ella. I'll see you next week. Enjoy your holiday," quipped my professor as I managed to get through those ten minutes. She said so dearly with a smile and really,I thought, thank the heavens for Dr. Lambino. :)

I might not get an A but oh dear Lord, please let me get through a B, at least. :)))))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...