Friday, August 2, 2013

How my Friday went like

    6:00 am

     My alarm clocks bids me to take a trip back to reality. No more dreams. No more made-up worlds. No more fantasy. It's Friday anyway, my last battle for the week. My bed doesn't loosen its hold on me but I fought back. It was a struggle. Staying up late to study hyperbolas and all those other conic sections, my mind longed for rest. Still, it wasn't the right time for that. No more chances of sleeping in. Every moment spared must be spent hitting the books, not the sack. Such a bitter choice but deemed necessary by students like me.

     Sure, I was dragging my feet to the shower, quickly bathing and dressing up for school. Grabbed a quick meal so I won't find myself faint in class. Breakfast, anyway, is the most important meal of the day. I had three classes for today. English. Literature. Math. The first two I can manage but the last one's always causing me migraine. Thank the heavens I don't have chemistry. I'd be mad if those two end up together on the same day.

     English was a breeze today. Our professor spent his hour talking about places, people and some of his experiences altogether. Manila was in the spotlight today. He rambled on the image of Manila if it could morphed itself as a person. This city would probably be that charming guy always with a hint of grime on his face. Never had trouble with the quiz for Literature. Boy it does pay to choose watching the movie in class than slacking it off for some troubled sleep. For that perfect choice, I was rewarded with an A in that quiz. :D

     Oh, if only my luck had gotten me past for the day. Never imagined it would end up me committing another shameless mistake on my Math quiz. :((((( All my efforts were put into waste. I felt like crumbling down in the dust. Sure, some of you might say it was no big deal. I could easily make up for it the next quiz. However, for me, even that single quiz could change the way things work out to be. That one shot might mean so much in the end. That could either make or break you. That's why I am so frustrated. It's disappointing to note that I didn't make it again this time. :((

    After the class, I sent my parents a message about the unfortunate quiz. I told them how sad it is not making it to the cut once more. I guess my best still wasn't good enough. :( Not a few minutes after, my phone beeped to the arrival of my dad's message. "It's okay. :) We know you can still do it. Make up for it next time. Stay positive."

     My dad still believes in me. That's enough reason to move forward. :)

PS. Midterms on Literature and Long Test in Math next week. Wish me luck. :) I badly need it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...