Tuesday, February 17, 2015

re: update on Ella's life

Hello!

I know I've been nasty on keeping promises. I have not written anything on my poetry journal for a month now nor have I kept this blog updated. Guess you can say that my hands have been too full to actually sit down and keep track of how everything is going. Still, I can assure you. I have not (yes, not even once) regretted choosing Health Sciences as my program. It gets tougher every day with all the academic requirements piling up, slowly filling my planner and taking up way too much of the time. And yes, I bought a planner, taking another shot of reorganizing my life and making sure I stay on track.

We have been dealing more about our majors this semester and so far, I have been enjoying learning so much about the field. They have actually made me question the career path I have set myself to a very long time ago. Do I really want to be a clinician? Am I really sure of going to med school, pushing myself in the academe for another 5 (or more) years? I have been learning a lot about how the health system works especially in our country and I have seen that there are other ways in which I can reach out and make a difference. Yes, being a clinician is wonderful. That was and still is my dream job. Still, given the things I have just learned, the health system needs more than that. The country needs more people in the sidelines, pushing for health policies, ensuring good governance, allocating the suitable funds,among others. After all, health is more than what we normally think it is: curing the sick and preventing disease through the power of medicine. After four months of DS, CS and HSC 191.1, I realize that there are other things people can turn to if they really wanted to make a significant change.

Well, I still have two years (hopefully) to reach a decision. Meanwhile, I must get back to that reading I need to finish for HsC tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...