Wednesday, September 17, 2014

it's Mom's turn!

Mom always remembers.

From the little things like making sure my brother and I don't switch sandwiches for recess because she knows I like mine toasted especially if it's cheese to the big stuff like everyone's birthdays and making sure that person enjoys their day, she never forgets. 

Well, today, we are ones to remember! It's her day! :) I might not be as selfless as she is but I do hope I'm getting at least halfway there. She is indeed an amazing woman. She could have been a very successful nurse, seeing that she's one of the best (well, where do you suppose we got our genes? :P), but she chose to stay and take care of us. She was there to guide us with our ABCs and arithmetic (Dad took over when algebra started :)) ). Hers was the face you see during times when my brother or I had to perform onstage. She was a phone call away when she could't come and see the spotlight shine on us (hello, national events hihi thank you LLCI *insert hearts*). Hers was the voice that assured me that I wasn't going to bleed to death when I had my first (Yes, I was overreacting but who didn't?) The point is, she never missed a scene, a defining moment, a milestone. 

She was always there and I could never ask for anyone better than Mom.

Thank you for showing me how to be an empowered woman.


You never settled for less. You fought for what you stood was right. You never let anyone dampen your spirit. Growing up, I saw that image in you. Thank you for always reminding me that it's okay to stand out as long as my feet remain rooted on the ground. :)

Thank you for wiping off the tears whenever they make their way across my cheeks.


Whenever I feel that the universe is conspiring against me, thank you for always being there. It might not always be sunny but you are there, with an umbrella at hand, ready to protect me from the rain.

Thank you for teaching me to take the risks and brave the unknown.


You always say, "Well, better do it now that regret it later. Who knows what doors can open for you, dear. Go. We will always support you." With those words, I found myself and thank you for allowing me to see the world in my eyes, with some cues from yours. :)

Thank you for tucking us in at night. 


Yours was the voice that assured us that no monster can ever be in sight. Even after all the hard day's work (and staying up all night to ensure that we never forget our multiplication and the different Philippine regions), thank you for those good night kisses to bid all those nightmares away.

Thank you for accepting us for who and what we truly are.


You never forced us to be fit in. You didn't care how different we can be.  Thank you for giving us the freedom to choose where we can be happy. 

Thank you for never giving up. 


Your patience is truly remarkable. Seeing how stubborn we can both be, thank you for choosing to stay. 


For the countless moments we've seen your support, thank you. 


Indeed, you are a proud stage mom and we would always love you for that.

No matter what happens, thank you for always being understanding.



Sometimes, it makes me wonder how you handle all the stress. We three can be quite a handful, too. Indeed, you are one superwoman and that just makes us prouder. 


Surely, there can never be no other Mom as amazing as you are.

Happy birthday Mom! I love you to the moon and back! Enjoy today! :)))))



PS. I got the idea from this Disney blog post! Still, the words are mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...